Sunday 18 August 2024

The ‘I’ is not the Atman. Atman is cause of the 'I'.+


Atman (Soul) is the Self. The ‘I’ is not Atman. There is a need to know ‘what is ‘I’ before indulging in the pursuit of truth. People, who hold the ‘Self’ as the ‘I’, are holding the dualistic illusion as a reality.

Dualist Gurus including thinkers could not distinguish between ‘I’ and ‘formless witness.’ The 'I' was the witness. Their highest was the Jiva. One is so much attached to the 'I' that he does not want to think that 'I' does not exist. Again one is unable to detach the ‘I’ from the Real witness.

The dualist object: - If everything else is false then the statement I am Brahman is itself false, but when one says nonduality is false; there must be the awareness, consciousness, behind the very statement.

You will also go, and die. One has to rely upon that which is permanent. The Soul, the witness of the ‘I’ alone is permanent. Anything that one says is a witnessed (waking), but there is the Soul, the witness (consciousness) there before any statement could be made.

They mean the body by “I", but it is the Soul, the witness of the ‘I’. The Soul is the real “Self ". the orthodox Advaitin and dualists did not, or could not analyze further than ‘I’ on this point because they thought the ‘I’ without the body was the Self. : ~ Santthosh Kumaar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Brahman and Atman are things you can never see. So do not inquire into them. Inquire into the world around you.+

Most religious Saints of the past were social reformers, thus, they were more concerned with humanism than the truth. Their contribution is ...